Welcome to graphql-utilities’s documentation!¶
graphql-utilities tries to secure your GraphQL API from malicious queries and provides utilities to make using graphql-core easier.
- It comes with a configurable ExtendedExecutionContext class that is capable of performing:
- query cost analysis: define the cost of your queries using the @cost() directive provided, graphql-utilities provides helper functions and extended execution context to protect you from overly complex or costly queries.
- depth limiting: limit the maximum depth of queries, it’s especially useful with object types with recursive relationship
- It also ships decorators for:
- resource-level/one-shot middleware: middleware in graphql-core is run at field-level, it is handly when you need your middleware to run only once, especially auth-related middleware.
You can install graphql-utilities using pip:
pip install graphql-utilities
Alternatively, if you are using pipenv:
pipenv install graphql-utilities
Note that graphql-utilities requires graphql-core>=3.0, which also means you need Python 3.6 or above,
With the package installed, you are ready to go. Depending on your need, you may refer to each page: